Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Baked Apple Chips

These are my new addiction...I make about two apples every day! (video how-to below)
Baked Apple Chips:
-apple (any type works)
-toppings: spices (cinnamon, apple spice, pumpkin spice, nutmeg), cocoa powder, honey, stevia

.preheat oven at 250F.
.slice apple thin with knife or you can use a mandoline.
.spray a baking sheet with coconut oil or whatever you have.
.lay slices down on sheet.
.add topping. I used one apple with cinnamon & stevia, one with pumpkin spice & stevia, and another with cocoa powder and stevia.
.place in oven. 
.bake for 1 hour.
.take out and flip slices.
.bake for another hour or depending on how thick you it them maybe an hour and a half. 
.take out and allow to cool. They will harden up.
Eat them plain or what I do is dip them in my his seed vanilla berry jelly and some nut butter. Just the awesome-ist snack! Or I also had them with my homemade protein ice cream where I used the chips as dippers! Dip in oatmeal or protein mousse or protein pudding...uhh I can go on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment